Yes, it's exciting and it's HERE! 2017, that is, and another year of matches. We have a match every 2 months as usual on the first Saturday morning of the month and here are the dates for you to ink in on your calenders:
- Saturday February 4th: 8:30am - Noon
- Saturday April 1st: 8:30am - Noon
- Saturday June 3rd: 8:30am - Noon
- Saturday August 5th: 8:30am - Noon
- Saturday September 7th: 8:30am - Noon
- Saturday December 2nd: 8:30am - Noon
We will be holding another Martini Mania Day this year and candi-dates (pun intended) look like being the last Sunday of either April or July. That will be established soon, however, and I'll inform you then.
And I'm absolutely to delighted to say that SSAA Goulburn Branch is also recommencing CSD Matches in Standard, Modified and Sniper Rifle, depending on the date. I've attached a calendar with details of these shoots if you'd like to come along and join us. As a rough rule they'll be held on the first Sunday of each month.
But that means our next Cadet & Trainer shoot is.......just 3 weeks away on Saturday 4th February, 8:30am to noon!! Since we often have time after the Core 3P match this time we'll be trying Snap A. The details of the match are below. You'll need 40 rounds all up.
The core 3P event requires 30 rounds to be shot in the following order with the following time limits:
- 15 rounds @50m - 5 offhand, 5 seated/kneeling, 5 prone - 3 minutes
- 10 rounds @75m - 5 seated/kneeling, 5 prone - 2 minutes
- 5 rounds @100m - 5 prone - 1 minute
The Snap A 50m 10 round match will be shot:
- 5 exposures of 2 rounds @50m offhand - 6 second exposures for repeating rifles, 10 second exposures for single shot rifles. Intervals of 5-15 seconds between exposures.
Firearms: Any model of 310 Cadet or 22 Trainer rifle unmodified. Similar rifles such as Francotte Martinis in 297/230 are also eligible. Other open sighted, non-regulation rifles in the spirit of the match may be allowed. Those without Cadet or Trainer rifles who wish to compete with such a rifle should consult the convenor as to the suitability of a non-regulation rifle.
Special Allowances: It is the goal of SSAA Goulburn Branch to include all shooters of any capability in all matches that they host. Shooters who have physical limitations will be given special allowances to compete in the match. Any shooters who are unable to shoot in any of the positions for any reason can shoot an altered match to overcome their limitations. Please appraise the convenor asap to make arrangements for this.
Match Cost: Range fees are $5 only.
I look for to seeing everyone on Saturday 4th for the first match of 2017.
CSD Coordinator And Range Captain
SSAA Goulburn & Districts Branch